Anaconda is a popular distribution of Python that comes with many useful packages and tools. Here are the steps to create a Python 2.7 virtual environment with Anaconda:
- Install Anaconda: If you haven’t installed Anaconda already, you can download and install it from the official website.
- Open the Anaconda Prompt: Open the Anaconda Prompt on your machine. You can do this by searching for “Anaconda Prompt” in the Start menu or by opening the Anaconda Navigator and clicking on the “Anaconda Prompt” button.
- Create a new virtual environment: In the Anaconda Prompt, type the following command to create a new virtual environment with Python 2.7:
conda create -n py27 python=2.7
This will create a new virtual environment called “py27” with Python 2.7 installed.
- Activate the virtual environment: To activate the virtual environment, type the following command:
conda activate py27
You should see the name of the virtual environment in the command prompt.
- Install packages: Now that you have created and activated the virtual environment, you can install packages in it. For example, if you want to install numpy, you can type the following command:
conda install numpy
This will install numpy in the virtual environment.
- Deactivate the virtual environment: When you’re done working in the virtual environment, you can deactivate it by typing the following command:
This will deactivate the virtual environment and return you to the base environment.
That’s it! You have created a Python 2.7 virtual environment with Anaconda. You can repeat steps 4-6 to install more packages or work on your Python 2.7 projects.