Sure, here are the steps to create a Python 3 virtual environment with
- First, ensure that you have
virtualenvinstalled. You can install it via pip by running the following command:
pip install virtualenv
virtualenvis installed, navigate to the directory where you want to create the virtual environment.
- Create a new virtual environment by running the following command:
virtualenv -p python3 env_name
env_name is the name you want to give to your virtual environment. The
-p flag specifies the Python version you want to use, in this case,
- Activate the virtual environment by running the following command:
This will activate the virtual environment and you should see its name in your terminal prompt.
- Now you can install packages and run Python scripts within this virtual environment, without affecting the global Python environment on your system.
- When you’re done using the virtual environment, you can deactivate it by running the following command:
That’s it! You’ve successfully created a Python 3 virtual environment with